Managed Service - Domains/DNS
In the early days of managing our customers' domains and DNS, we ended up having to deal with a number of different ISPs, Domain Hosting companies and DNS management companies.
Not only was this a very laborious process, but it was fraught with problems. More often than not, domain/DNS changes were time sensitive and trying
to manage a number of third parties to ensure this happened smoothly was close to impossible. Mistakes were also very time consuming to get fixed and
we were often at the mercy of 5:30pm, or Friday's when things would then grind to a halt.
We took the decision a number of years ago to bring some of these elements under our direct control (DNS) and to place other elements with a partner that
would specialise in that particular discipline (Domain management).
Our managed service comprises:
- Primary trading/operating domains managed by an Exmos partner that specialises in domain management
- Domains all registered in the name of Exmos' client leaving them with ultimate control
- Non operating domains all managed directly by Exmos for renewals etc
- DNS hosted on a combination of Exmos/Exmos partner DNS servers based in data centres
- DNS Servers based in UK and Europe for maximum resilience
- Primary DNS server is owned by Exmos and not on a shared service
- Exmos has 24x7 direct control of DNS for time sensitive changes
- Fixed Price