For the last few years, the term VOIP (Voice Over IP) has received a bit of a bad rap. Many people jumped on the
"free calls over the Internet" bandwagon when the technology was still a bit ahead of its time and the skills
required to make it work were not very well understood.
From Exmos' point of view, VOIP is not about "free Internet phone calls". It can do that, but the calls can equally
still be made and received using your existing phone lines (e.g. for the UK - BT or Telewest/NTL).
Having carried out an extensive research and testing exercise, we settled on 3CX as our VOIP solution. This is a Windows
based, software phone switch. It runs on a standard Windows server or Windows workstation. Our system runs on a small
rack mount PC with Windows 7 x64 and we use both BT lines and Internet Telephony.
The features provided by 3CX are numerous and best suited to a demo. When comparing the 3CX offering to other "traditional" PBX
systems (even ones which have had VOIP added), everyone who has seen 3CX has been hugely impressed.
Discover the advantages of 3CX software VoIP IP PBX
3CX Phone System
for Windows is an award-winning software-based IP PBX that replaces traditional proprietary hardware PBX. It is based on the SIP standard and supports most popular SIP phones, VoIP Gateways, VoIP service providers and PSTN phone lines. It is easy to manage by system administrators as it integrates well with Windows Network infrastructure.
- No need for separate phone cables as the phone system uses the existing data network
- Easier to install and manage via its web-based management console
- Far less expensive than a hardware-based PABX
- Allows employees to hot-desk and tele-work
- Users can configure their extensions themselves using the self-service User Portal
- Utilize any SIP phone instead of being locked into one vendor
- Receive and make calls via existing phone lines using VoIP Gateways
- Save on call costs with 'out of the box' configurations for popular SIP / VoIP providers
3CX Web Based Management Console
- 3CX VoIP Client – simplifies usage and boosts mobility
- Web-based management console for easier administration
- Unlimited extensions
- Windows 2008 server integration – run a PBX virtualized
- BLF - set presence and eliminate phone tag
- MS Outlook / Salesforce.com integration – launch calls directly from your favorite CRM
- 3CX Bridges – connect branch offices seamlessly
- 3CX Tunnel – for easy remote connections
- Fax server
- Unified Messaging – receive voice mail and fax via email
- Unlimited auto-attendant / digital receptionist
- Phone provisioning
- Paging and intercom
- Call forwarding with advanced rules by caller ID, time and type of call
- Call queuing
- Call recording
- Call conferencing
- Call parking, call pickup, call forward, dial by name
Take a look at our brochure (PDF) of 3CX Phone System for Windows.
For product updates and more information visit 3CX VoIP Blog